Wolf Spiders: Fun Facts, Prevention And Control In Collegeville
Wolf spiders have a scary name and an even more frightening appearance, but how dangerous are they? Let's go ahead and get to the bottom of it. Read below to learn everything you need to know about one of Pennsylvania's most common household spiders. Remember to call Terra Pest Management Specialists for the best in Collegeville pest control!
Interesting Facts About The Wolf Spider
There are over 200 types of wolf spiders found in the United States. Their hair-covered bodies give a fierce appearance, and they measure up to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't make assumptions based on looks. Here are some facts about this unique spider:
- Wolf spiders are aggressive hunters and don't spin webs to catch prey. Instead, they hide in holes and chase potential victims, running up to two feet a second.
- Wolf spiders carry their eggs, using their web to attach them to their bodies.
- While they are venomous spiders, they aren't known to kill humans.
- They have a unique eye arrangement: four rows of eyes, topped by a larger pair of eyes, topped by a smaller pair of eyes.
Give our team a call at Terra Pest Management Specialists if you're having trouble identifying a spider in your home. We'll perform an inspection and uncover its identity.
Wolf Spiders Are More Of A Nuisance Than A Danger
Lots of folks find spiders creepy. Some are deathly afraid of them. Is there any reason to panic when seeing a wolf spider in your home?
Wolf spiders are venomous, but don't let that word fill you with fear. Their venom can cause pain and irritation in humans, but it fades after a day or so. Even then, they aren't likely to attack us due to our size. Unless you go out of your way to get close to and corner one, a wolf spider will likely leave you alone.
Still, it's not a great feeling knowing that spiders are lurking around the dark corners of your house. But you can always call on our Terra Pest Management Specialists technicians to keep spiders away from your Collegeville home. Our environmentally friendly treatments will safely get rid of pests.
Six Simple Tips To Prevent Wolf Spiders In Your Home
The best way to prevent wolf spiders from taking up residence in your home is to build an intelligent home defense for spiders. By changing a few habits in your everyday life, these and other pests will find your home less appealing. Try these tips to prevent an infestation:
- Seal cracks throughout your home, especially in an older building.
- Regularly clean up crumbs and spilled liquids to avoid luring their prey indoors.
- Repair rips in your window screens.
- Install door sweeps to prevent spiders and prey from entering the gap beneath your door.
- At night, only turn on the lights in the rooms you're in. Many insects that wolf spiders prey on are attracted to light.
- Trim back branches and plants growing close to your windows to prevent creating a "bridge" into your home.
There are many techniques for deterring wolf spiders from entering your home, and we're happy to share them with you. During inspection and treatment, we'll show different ways that these pests could enter your home and how you can prevent their entry.
Professional Pest Control Keeps The Wolf Spiders Away
There are many ways to eliminate spiders, but if you want a method with proven efficiency, you need professional home pest control services from the Terra Pest Management Specialists team. We've been in the industry since 2003, giving the Collegeville area unparalleled customer service and cutting-edge pest treatments.
We want to work with you to solve your pest problems. Call our team to schedule your estimate, and get ready to kiss your pests goodbye!
What Our Customers Are Saying
"Absolutely the best. Same with lawn service. The tech was polite, professional, and warm. Glad to contract for ongoing services."
"Our technician shows up on time every time and is professional and courteous. Since getting the maintenance services, we no longer worry about “emergencies” as they are easy to reach and come out quickly if needed."
"After getting quotes from multiple companies, Terra had the best value! Pat was thorough and explained each step of the process for us. The quarterly service is guaranteed. Highly recommend them!"