What It Takes To Get Rid Of Dirty Roaches In Your Collegeville Home
Cockroach control is a nasty business to attempt tackling on your own. Do-it-yourself pest control methods appear to be a promising experience, but certain jobs require the expertise of a professional. Cockroaches are covered with bacteria and other pathogens, and coming into contact with one can cause adverse effects on your health. Eliminate roaches from your home the safe way with Terra. If you require reputable pest control in Collegeville, contact us immediately to start living a pest-free life.
Habits And Behaviors Of Common Cockroaches
Regardless of the type of cockroach in Collegeville that has invaded your home, cockroaches prefer humid areas that are above 70 degrees Fahrenheit. Some roaches prefer excess moisture, while others seek high cabinets and pantry shelves.
The most common types of cockroaches to invade your Collegeville home include:
- American cockroaches are the largest of their species, preferring to live in the sewers until winter comes around. They use the sewers as one of their ways to infiltrate your home.
- German cockroaches are the most likely to invade your home. They show up in kitchens first and then bathrooms. A large population will occupy every room.
- Brown-banded cockroaches are tinier and blend in well with their surroundings. They prefer the bathroom and kitchen where it is warmer, and they can hide in high cabinets or on the ceiling.
- Oriental cockroaches cannot survive more than a couple of weeks without water but can survive a month without food. They tend to invade homes around sources of water during the summer months.
Each cockroach may behave differently from the next, but they are still dangerous when they're living in your home. Contact a reliable Collegeville cockroach control professional for proper removal and sanitation of their presence from your home.
How Roaches Spread Germs And Trigger Allergies
Cockroaches may be small, but bacteria are smaller. A cockroach potentially carries 33 bacteria and pathogens that put humans at risk of exposure to salmonellosis, dysentery, and typhoid fever.
A roach can spread bacteria in three different ways:
- Cockroach waste: Items such as their feces, urine, and old skins dry up and turn to dust, circulating in the air. Children are more susceptible to developing allergies and asthma from roach waste.
- Biting: A little-known fact because it rarely happens, but cockroaches can bite. If a bite does occur, seek medical attention.
- Contaminated food: Roaches see the world as their home, and food is a part of that world. Cockroaches will chew through plastic bags and cardboard boxes to crawl, eat, and defecate in the same area, spreading salmonellosis and dysentery.
Contact Terra for advice on preventing cockroaches from entering your Collegeville home.
Why Do-It-Yourself Cockroach Control Often Fails
DIY methods will always fail because they don't reach the root of the problem. Cockroaches reproduce extremely fast and can squeeze into the tiniest crevices to hide. Over-the-counter products aren't strong enough to deter them from entering your home. As roaches grow and shed their skins, they resist conventional methods more easily. Another reason DIY methods fail is cockroaches learn to associate traps, tape, and scents with danger and avoid them at all costs. The best way to remove cockroaches from your Collegeville home is to contact a pest control company with the knowledge, expertise, and equipment to see your home safely squared away.
The Best Cockroach Control Solution For Your Home
The best choice to secure your home from invading roaches is to rely on the specialists at Terra for quality pest control. Our passion and commitment stem from a vision to see the residents of Collegeville, Pennsylvania, living in their homes pest-free and worry-free. It's never a good time to discover roaches in your home, but we can help you solve your pest problem and keep it from happening again. Contact us today and request a free estimate, and learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Collegeville.
What Our Customers Are Saying
"Absolutely the best. Same with lawn service. The tech was polite, professional, and warm. Glad to contract for ongoing services."
"Our technician shows up on time every time and is professional and courteous. Since getting the maintenance services, we no longer worry about “emergencies” as they are easy to reach and come out quickly if needed."
"After getting quotes from multiple companies, Terra had the best value! Pat was thorough and explained each step of the process for us. The quarterly service is guaranteed. Highly recommend them!"