How To Tell If Mice Got Into Your Collegeville Home This Winter
Collegeville, PA, is a beautiful place to live, with vibrant hiking trails, parks, and a cozy town atmosphere. Nonetheless, the cold winters are a risky time for pest infestations, as these wild invaders will try to find shelter, warmth, and food. With professional pest control in Collegeville from Terra, you can get rid of troublesome pest infestations, such as mice.
How Mice Get Into Collegeville Homes In The Winter
If you are wondering how to get rid of mice, it is important to understand how they got into your Collegeville home in the first place. Mice will go into homes looking for food, warmth, and shelter. Because they are so tiny, they can squeeze even through the smallest hole in the doorways, air vents, drain pipes, or home foundation. Additionally, weather-stripping and caulking can crack with temperature fluctuations. Therefore, checking the house for entry points and preparing your home for the winter months is essential.
Five Warning Signs That Mice Got Into Your Home This Winter
If mice do (or worse, did!) find a way into your home, it is important to seek mouse control immediately. Mice and other rodents carry a number of parasites and bacteria that can be spread to you and your household members.
The following are five warning signs that mice got into your home this winter:
- A live (or dead) mouse in your house. If you see one running around your kitchen or garage, there are likely more nearby.
- Chewed items or gnaw marks. Mice will chew on different items in your home, like cardboard, fabric, documents, wires, baseboards, and more.
- Gnawing or scratching sounds, even from inside the walls.
- Mice droppings, which look like black or dark brown grains of rice.
- An unpleasant odor, which becomes more powerful with growing mice populations.
If you notice any of the signs above in your Collegeville, PA, home, we recommend you seek mouse control services in Collegeville from the professionals at Terra.
All The Way Mice Create Problems For Collegeville Homeowners
Unfortunately, a mouse infestation can create many problems in your Collegeville home, from health risks to damage to your property. But what exactly are those problems?
Here we list a few reasons why you don’t want a mouse infestation in your Collegeville home:
- Mice carry harmful diseases. Some of the most common diseases that these rodents can spread to humans and pets are leptospirosis, tularemia, salmonellosis, and lymphocytic choriomeningitis. They can also cause or worsen asthma, allergies, and respiratory problems for many people.
- They pose a significant threat to your property. As we mentioned earlier, mice will build nests by chewing on different materials like wood, paper, fabric, cardboard, and more. They can also chew on the insulation around the wires in your walls, causing a fire hazard.
- Mice can contaminate any food left unsealed or items like toothpaste or toothbrushes.
- Mice leave behind urine and droppings, resulting in unpleasant smells as well as contamination, often in places that are hard to access.
If you are wondering how to deal with a mouse infestation and prevent the problems listed above, it is important to reach out to expert help. It takes knowledge and experience to get rid of mice at the source. At Terra we can help you get rid of mice and prevent them from returning.
Why To Call Terra Pest Management Specialists If You Have Mice
If you need to get rid of mice in Collegeville, Terra Pest Management Specialists are your trusted solution. We are fully qualified and insured and offer our customers a 100% satisfaction guarantee. As part of our comprehensive pest control plan, we will begin with a thorough home inspection, inside and outside, to locate any entry points and signs of mice. We will discuss treatment options with you to find the best one for your unique situation. We will apply the treatment and follow up with you so you can maintain a pest-free home. Whether you are looking for mouse prevention tips or mouse extermination, Terra Pest Management Specialists can help. Call us today for a free estimate, to schedule an inspection and to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Collegeville.
What Our Customers Are Saying
"Absolutely the best. Same with lawn service. The tech was polite, professional, and warm. Glad to contract for ongoing services."
"Our technician shows up on time every time and is professional and courteous. Since getting the maintenance services, we no longer worry about “emergencies” as they are easy to reach and come out quickly if needed."
"After getting quotes from multiple companies, Terra had the best value! Pat was thorough and explained each step of the process for us. The quarterly service is guaranteed. Highly recommend them!"