A Practical Rodent Exclusion Guide For Collegeville Homeowners
Although it's a fact that most Collegeville residents would rather ignore, pests like rodents are rampant in the area and will typically find their way inside your home at one point or another. If you need pest control in Collegeville that you can count on, inquire for more information from our team at Terra Pest Management Specialists. We'll provide the best rodent control you can ask for.
Common Types Of Rodents That Invade Collegeville Homes
Here at Terra Pest Management Specialists, we know that Collegeville is home to different types of rodents that can invade your home. There are dozens of species of rodents that can be found in Collegeville. Some common rodents you'll find in local homes include:
No matter what type of rodent problem you're dealing with, we'll be able to help you deter and remove them every time.
How Rodents Create Damage And Spread Disease
Unbeknownst to some homeowners, rodents are considered pests due to the massive amount of damage that they can cause and due to their ease in carrying and spreading diseases. Here is how each common type of rodent creates damage and spreads disease:
- Mice can spread salmonellosis, hantavirus, and other diseases to you and your loved ones. They also create property damage by destroying personal possessions like books, important documents, furniture, and other important items.
- Squirrels are known for spreading diseases such as ringworm, typhus, tularemia, and more. They also create damage to your home when they create nests and reproduce, mainly in the attic. Squirrels also chew on different kinds of wires, destroy and rip insulation, and leave their droppings and urine behind in your home.
- Rats, like mice, are infamous chewers. They can chew through a wide array of materials, leaving costly repairs for you to deal with. Additionally, they can spread diseases such as rat-bite fever and salmonellosis.
- Voles can create tunnels across your lawn and they can also chew on the stems of young plants, killing them. Because of these concerns, among others, homeowners should seek to remove voles as soon as possible and before home repairs become any more costly. Voles can also carry and spread diseases like rabies and tularemia.
- Muskrats seem harmless to some, but many forget that these nuisance pests are tunneling animals. This means that they can cost expensive repairs to your garden or yard, and can cause your garden pond to experience water seepage and erosion. Additionally, muskrats carry their own kinds of health concerns. They can spread tularemia, leptospirosis, ringworm, and other diseases.
- Chipmunks cause property damage when they burrow under yards and eat garden seeds. Chipmunks also carry and spread diseases like hantavirus and salmonellosis.
To get rid of rodents before they can cause extensive damage to your property or your health, give us a call for effective rodent control that you can rely on.
Five Eco-Friendly Rodent Exclusion Tips For Around The House
You may be wondering what steps you can implement in your life to try and reduce rodents around the house. Here are five eco-friendly rodent exclusion tips that you can implement in your home:
- Seal up any holes that rodents might use to access your home. Mice can fit through spaces as small as a dime.
- Clean and vacuum often, ensuring that most crumbs are removed.
- Don't leave pet food out for long periods of time.
- Remove your yard of any piles of wood or debris.
- Properly secure your garbage cans.
These tips may not be as effective as professional pest control services, but they're a start that can put you on the right path toward a rodent-free home.
The Best Way To Get Rid Of Rodents And Keep Them Out
Gimmicks and tricks aside, the best way to get rid of rodents and keep them out for good is to seek professional rodent control services. That's where we come in! Here at Terra Pest Management Specialists, we believe in offering environmentally friendly options that go beyond short-term fixes. We value our customers deeply and will go above and beyond to make sure that you're satisfied with our work. If you need rodent control for your home, give us a call today for your free estimate!
What Terra Pest Management Specialists Customers Are Saying
"Absolutely the best. Same with lawn service. The tech was polite, professional, and warm. Glad to contract for ongoing services."
"Our technician shows up on time every time and is professional and courteous. Since getting the maintenance services, we no longer worry about “emergencies” as they are easy to reach and come out quickly if needed."
"After getting quotes from multiple companies, Terra had the best value! Pat was thorough and explained each step of the process for us. The quarterly service is guaranteed. Highly recommend them!"