A Helpful Guide To Effective Spider Prevention For Your Collegeville Home
Spiders may be vital to maintaining our natural world, but when they enter your home in Collegeville, they can cause more than a few problems. If you want to deter spiders from invading your home and leaving behind sticky webs and their eggs, you need pest control in Collegeville.
Spiders are an arachnid that would prefer to stay in dark, out-of-the-way places where people might not notice them. Because some spiders may be harmful, it's essential to have your home regularly treated for these pests.
Common Types Of Spiders Found In Collegeville
When you live in Collegeville, you must learn about the common types of spiders in the area. Although many common house spiders you'll encounter are harmless, some are not so friendly.
Look for the following Collegeville spiders on your property:
- Black widow: These spiders are native to Pennsylvania and are usually found outdoors. Female spiders are 1/4 to 3/8 of an inch long, but males are half the size of females. This spider is dangerous, so avoid direct contact or handling. It has a glossy, black body with a red hourglass-shaped mark on its abdomen.
- Brown widow: Similar to the black widow, these spiders have brown or tan bodies. The hourglass-shaped marks on their abdomens are yellow or orange. They deliver less dangerous venom in their bite than the black widow.
- Mediterranean recluse: Some people confuse this spider with the brown recluse, which is not a native to Pennsylvania. These spiders are slightly smaller than a quarter and have a violin shape on their head. Both the Mediterranean and brown recluse spiders often stay inside buildings.
- Wolf spider: Another common spider pest in homes is the wolf spider. It is one of the larger spiders, but its bite isn't dangerous like those of a black or brown widow or a recluse spider. However, a bite from this spider causes pain and swelling at the injury site.
If you see a few spiders around your home, contact Terra Pest Management Specialists. We provide effective spider control solutions for venomous spiders that last.
Some Spiders Are More Dangerous Than Others
It is important to be aware of a few spiders because they could threaten your family and pets. Some of the more harmful spiders you may encounter in Collegeville are the Mediterranian recluse and the black widow. Be especially careful about the Mediterranian recluse because if it bites you, the venom can cause tissue death, pain, and adverse reactions.
Other dangerous spiders include the brown widow and black widow. A widow biting you could lead to allergic reactions, pain, nausea, muscle cramping, and vomiting. Seek medical attention if you are bitten by a harmful spider and get help with spider exclusion from Terra Pest Management Specialists.
Five Naturally Effective Spider Prevention Tips For Around Your Homes
Do you wonder how to prevent spiders on your property? The best way to stop a spider infestation before it can get started is to use prevention methods and seek professional exclusion.
Try using the following tips to deter spiders from moving in on your territory:
- Keep your home tidy and remove spiderwebs and egg sacs when you see them. Use a vacuum and dispose of the contents right away.
- Eliminate insect pests that may be attracting spiders.
- Install screens for windows and use door sweeps to make it harder for spiders to enter.
- Caulk or repair areas of your home where you discover any cracks, gaps, or crevices that spiders can use to get inside.
- Remove clutter in your home, which provides hiding spots for spiders.
If you want to keep pesky spiders away from your Collegeville home, get spider control treatment from Terra Pest Management Specialists during the year. Whether you choose monthly or semi-annual pest control services, you'll be glad you protected your home from arachnids.
Professional Pest Control Makes The Best Spider Control
Do you worry about how to keep spiders away from your home? Forget about struggling to eliminate spiders with sprays for crawling insects or constantly taking down spiderwebs.
The best way to get rid of spiders is to have the experts at Terra Pest Management Specialists eliminate your spider problem. We guarantee our services 100% and offer emergency pest control services when you need them most. Call us today for eco-friendly, effective spider exclusion and to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Collegeville.
What Our Customers Are Saying
"Absolutely the best. Same with lawn service. The tech was polite, professional, and warm. Glad to contract for ongoing services."
"Our technician shows up on time every time and is professional and courteous. Since getting the maintenance services, we no longer worry about “emergencies” as they are easy to reach and come out quickly if needed."
"After getting quotes from multiple companies, Terra had the best value! Pat was thorough and explained each step of the process for us. The quarterly service is guaranteed. Highly recommend them!"